MY GYM WARDROBE
We at My Gym Wardrobe Ltd. are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Cookies Policy, website Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data that you provide to us or we collect from you will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is My Gym Wardrobe Ltd. of 2-10 Balham Station Road, London, SW12 9SG, United Kingdom.
BY USING OUR WEBSITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.mygymwardrobe.com, using our mobile and tablet applications or accessing our pages on third party social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We recommend that you print a copy of this policy for future reference.
If you are under 16, you must inform a parent or guardian about this policy to obtain their agreement to the terms of this policy before registering, subscribing or placing an order with us.
CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY
We may amend the terms of this policy from time to time. You are expected to check this page every time you wish to use our website, as they are binding on you.
DATA WE COLLECT
We collect personal data about you when you register with us, place an order, buy a gift voucher, use our services, interact with us in any other way, such as via social media, click on an advert that we put on our or someone else’s website, ask for information or assistance, give us a testimonial or other feedback, comment on any blogs or articles or other interactive services, attend an event that we run or sponsor, enter competitions or special promotions, sign up for our special offers or other updates, participate in research panels or fill in surveys. We may also receive information about you from third parties, with whom we have a business relationship.
The information we collect and hold about you may include your name, email address, phone and mobile phone numbers, home address, shipping and payment card billing address, payment card details, IP address, search criteria, shopping history, shopping preferences, sizings, responses to research panels and surveys, the type of browser you use (a browser is the program you use to look at websites, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari), the times when you access the site and for how long, your referring URL (the site you come from to reach our website), cell IDs (these are the unique identifiers of the telecommunications towers being used by your mobile phone when you use our locations-based services on your mobile phone or tablet) and other location information (for example, GPS measurements), photographs and other content you share with us when you use our services, date of birth, password details, answers to security questions and any other information you may give us.
We may record or monitor calls that you receive from us or make to us. We do this for security and training purposes, and to improve the services we provide to you.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our Cookies Policy.
USE OF YOUR DATA
Your personal data is used for the following principal purposes:
- To provide products and services to you.
- To ensure that our website’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you, and to enable you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so.
- To manage any registered account(s) you hold with us.
- To enable us to manage customer service interactions with you.
- To verify your identity and to ensure that we are paid for products that we despatch.
- To update you on our products and services, news and special offers.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. See Your Rights below.
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
In order to make our products and services available to you and continuously improve our website, other applications and offering, we may need to share your personal data with our business partners and service providers. These include IT, marketing and website optimisation service providers. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls.
Aside from our business partners and service providers, we will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
Other third parties include:
- Our carefully selected partners who provide products or services we think you may be interested in, if we have your consent to do so.
- Credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments.
- Party/parties to a corporate transaction such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganisation, or similar transaction or proceeding. If we were to consider such a transaction, that may involve the transfer of your information the purposes of enabling that transaction or proceeding to be assessed. In the event that My Gym Wardrobe Ltd. sells or buys any business or assets, or if My Gym Wardrobe Ltd. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals, legal representatives or insurers:
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights;
- to prevent, detect, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or otherwise required by law; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of My Gym Wardrobe Ltd., our employees and customers.
We may collate information about site traffic, sales, wish lists, and other commercial information which we may pass on to third parties, but this information does not include any details which can identify you personally.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
WHERE WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When we use your information as described in this policy, this may involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). When we do this, we make sure that appropriate steps are taken to protect your personal information and your rights. By providing us with your personal information, you agree that we may transfer, store and process your information outside the EEA. Governments in certain countries such as the United States have broad powers to access data for security, crime prevention and detection and law enforcement purposes.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR DATA
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided to us. We have put in place technology and security policies which are designed to protect the personal information we hold about you. We also follow the security procedures that applicable privacy laws require. These cover storing, using and releasing any information you have provided and, as well as measures designed to prevent unauthorised access or use. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential.You can keep your account safe by using a strong password that includes characters other than just letters. We also encourage you not to use the same password across all or many of your online accounts. As emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication are not encrypted, we also would recommend not communicating any confidential information through these means.
You retain all rights to your personal data and can access it anytime. In addition, we take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data. You can update many types of personal data, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal data within your account settings, please contact us to make the required changes.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the relevant box on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right to opt out of receiving marketing materials at any time bychanging your marketing preferences via your registered account or making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails.
If you have any questions about your personal data, would like to make an access request or opt out of receiving market materials (if unable to do yourself as per the paragraph above), please contact us in writing at My Gym Wardrobe Ltd, PO Box 73508, SW12 2DS, United Kingdom email@example.com. Processing your access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.